The demand for cybersecurity professionals continues to rise along with the rates of attacks and increases in cybersecurity budgets. The imbalance of the amount of skilled cybersecurity workers along with the high demand to fill cybersecurity positions has caused a cybersecurity skills shortage.
By 2021, there wil be 3.5 Million unfilled cybersecurity jobs globally.
Below are some facts about the cyberurity jobs statistics:
- 50% of large enterprises (with over 10,000 employees) are spending $1 million or more annually on security, with 43% spending $250,000 to $999,999, and just 7% spending under $250,000. (Cisco)
- 82% of employers report a shortage of cybersecurity skills. (ISSA)
- 61% of companies think their cybersecurity applicants aren’t qualified. (ISSA)
- The cybersecurity unemployment rate is 0% and is projected to remain there through 2021. (CSO Online)
- It’s predicted that by 2021, 100% of large companies globally will have a CISO position. (Cybersecurity Ventures)
- By 2021, it’s projected that there will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity jobs globally. (Cybersecurity Ventures)
- Information Security Analysts job positions in the US are expected to grow 32% from 2018–28. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Computer Network Architect job positions in the US are expected to grow 5% from 2018–28. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Computer Programmer job positions in the US are expected to decline 7% from 2018–28. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Since 2016, the demand for Data Protection Officers (DPOs) has skyrocketed and risen over 700%, due to the GDPR demands. (Reuters)
- 500,000 Data Protection Officers are employed (IAAP)
- 66% of cybersecurity professionals struggle to define their career paths (ISSA)
- 60% of cybersecurity professionals aren’t satisfied with their current job (ISSA)
Are you interested in entering the field of cybersecurity? If yes, now is the time as the job field and average salary is only projected to grow.